Wednesday, September 7, 2011

That's a Wrap


You sit down to eat. You take a bite. You have two thoughts at once: 1) This is really good! and 2) I can make this at home!
This recently happened to me at Jason's Deli with the mediterranean wrap from their lite menu. (After I scraped off the olives...sorry, I know that took some of the mediterranean out of it for you but I do NOT like them. And, yes mom, I HAVE tried them!)
I am happy to say that I picked me up a cucumber at the store and made my first reconstruction attempt last weekend. It was Yum!
I know wraps aren't THAT complicated but here is what I did: plopped some roasted red pepper hummus on the tortilla, threw on some sliced cucumbers and red onion, lots of turkey (I would SO not have put hummus on my turkey sandwich before this), and some spinach (it's what I had already).
To make it more authentic you would put back in the tomatos (I forgot to buy one) and the black olives and use shredded lettuce.
Don't you LOVE when you pretty much already eat/like ingredients but suddenly they are put together in a new way? I like to try new things when I'm out to eat. How bout you??

Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment