Monday, September 19, 2011

Scenting Out a New Author


This is a new author for me. I actually got this book recommendation from a fellow blogger. I just wish I could remember who! 

So, when it came in at the library I was a little nervous. For some reason I thought this author was gonna go all Nicholas Sparks on me. But, once I started it, I found out I couldn't have been more wrong. I really enjoyed this medium weight easy read. (This is the book Tina Fey's Bossypants lost out to on the nightstand. I'm SORRY, I TRIED!!) I really enjoyed the opening scene. Young, fresh and a little sexy. From there, some excellent characters are introduced and the story unfolds in a series of flashbacks to the era of the crime. I won't spoil it for you. 

If I had to compare it to anyone I would say it reminded me of a vintage Mary Higgins Clark novel. Kind of a Mary Higgins lite version in the sense that it was about a young woman looking for the secrets to an event from her childhood. There is some romance, a mystery, and a great story about human interactions-- particularly in a small town. I highly recommend it and I would love to hear from you if you have read this author before as to what of hers to pick up next! 

Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment