Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Smokey Plot

Need an EASY read? Here is your author.
I have eaten up this series since my mom introduced it to me many years ago. I know summer is over but this definately belongs to the beach read / don't take it too seriously (how COULD you) cartagory. I would describe it as lighthearted, slightly mysterious, with some romance here and there.
The picture is of the latest book but the titles all go by number. So, the first in the series is 'One for the Money' and so forth. (I always get annoyed when I don't know which book is the first in the series!!)
A few notes:
1) There will be a movie based on the first book next year with Katherine Heigel as the lead. This will be interesting. Not who I would have cast. I was thinking more along the lines of Nancy Travis. Regardless, unless it TOTALLY bombs (according to rotten tomatoes) I will plan to see it.
2) This author has a TON of other books outside the sequentially titled Stephanie Plum novels but I have not enjoyed them so after 2 attempts I have written them off.
3) If you are embarassed by laughing out loud in public spaces then read these books in the privacy of your own home....don't say I didn't warn you!
4) There is some language. So, if that offends rather than entertains avoid these.
Happy Reading!
*On my nightstand: Bossypants finally came in....will begin soon, find out what all the hype is about!

Photo from here

1 comment: