Monday, April 9, 2012

You Get Out EGG-xactly What You Put In (Disneyland Project Week 3)



Yep, We did all the usual celebrations this week. And I have the results to show for it.

Results: Up 0.2 pounds (measurements scheduled for next week). This is really quite amazing when you think about the week I have had. Surrounded by birthday meals and Easter treats.

Perspective: However, I can't deny that spending time with these great kids and this perfect husband aren't worth a few ounces of weight gain. I don't want to present to my kids that control freaking about diet and exercise is healthy. Balance, Moderation. That's what I'm going for....and struggling with.


How do I feel about things: Upbeat to be honest. I have noticed two things. First, my pants feel more comfortable even though I haven't had a lot of weight loss (That's the power of Tracy Anderson!). Second, my portions are starting to get smaller on their own. I'm having a lot of times when 'my eyes are bigger than my stomach' and I can't finish what I thought I wanted to eat.  I am happy with any type of progress and it motivates me to keep on keeping on.

Struggles: First, Avoiding cravings. It's helping to keep things out of the house. Second, fitting in the workout. I thought 5 days a week would be no problem. However, it's proving to be challenging. I am quite sore and just EXHAUSTED when i do 2 days of the muscular structure and cardio in a row and it gets hard to want to do that third day before my schedule rest day. When I caved and took an extra day off this week, it put me behind my schedule and I'm not sure I can make it up. Third, the fatigue is putting me behind in my housework. That was another reason I took the extra rest day this week. I simply had to commit a day to just doing what needs to be done around here. Maybe it's just a matter of building up my endurance. Maybe I'm becoming chronically dehydrated or vitamin/mineral depleted from increasing my cardio and not eating enough nutritionally dense foods (read vegetables). I will continue to work on this and try to find balance. Otherwise, I'm not sure how I can ever incorporate this into a lifestyle change.

Question: For those of you that exercise first thing- Was there an adjustment period? I can't seem to work out on an empty stomach. What do you do? Do you eat first? Does it get easier? It would be great if I could work out first thing before the kids got up. Just not sure how to make it work. Right now I'm stuck with afternoon 'rest time' and that's a 'slump' time for me as well and I have a hard time using that for my workout time. Any advice would be appreciated.

Below: Eric displays his mad multitasking skills- dying an egg WHILE reading the paper. :) I have so much fun with this guy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment