Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy 39th Birthday To Me!


Happy 39th Birthday to ME!

I always like a day when I get to sleep in and having today be a school holiday meant it really was a GOOD Friday! Started the day out with a sweet card from Evie. She tried to give me a squinkie with it as a gift but I told her that he wanted to live with the (HUNDREDS) of other squinkies in her room and that I would come to visit him.

I went to let the dog out back and found that it was a cool low humidity morning so I yelled to the kiddos to get their shoes on so we could get a walk in before the heat of the day. It was lovely.



Next up was errands. We loaded into the van and hit the stores. We even squeezed in a mid-errand play date by stopping to drop off some composting contributions at my sister-in-law's house. BONUS!! (I also brought cookies. I think that may have totally scored the play date invite! Hahahahaha)

By then we were getting pretty hungry for lunch. We decided to refuel at one of our favorite places- the Target Pizza Hut Express. (Why my kids only like the tiny pizzas and not the regular size is a mystery to me)



Two more stops and Evie said she was so exhausted she couldn't even remember what our first stop of the day looked like (little drama queen) so we headed home for some rest time/play with our new toys in our rooms very quietly time. Mommy had a lovely nap.

Next up daddy came home (always reason for rejoicing) and there was much playing of hide-and-seek, horsey rides, and showing off of new items by the kiddos.

Finally, Then it was time to take the kiddos to Granny's for the night so mommy & daddy could go out. Everett called shotgun in the miata and asked to leave the 'cover off' which cracked me up. So, we did leave the cover off because it was, in fact, a top down kind of day!


Eric & I headed downtown in the miata (still with the 'cover off') for a visit to the new Phoenicia market where my brother works (Love that guy!). It's kind of a mini Whole Foods type place in the building right next door to Discovery Green. We chose some new foods and desserts to try and hit upon some real winners. I got some tea (recommended by the brother) to try as well. YUMMY! (That's what all the workers' shirts say and we can see why)


After walking about in Discovery Green we headed home for a walk with the dog (and without the kids) during which we were treated to an amazing moonrise. It was for my birthday of course! :)

I am quite sure that I have had just about the best day ever. Happy Birthday to ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment