Friday, April 20, 2012

A Discovery of Twilight for Grown Ups?

Wondered where the book reviews went? Well, I've been reading THIS for awhile!! I wish I could recall who or what site recommended this book to me so I could thank them. (Please tell me if it was you!).

It's a BIG book and it started kind of slow. I was intrigued, but, still not sure where it was going (It doesn't bother me if a book is slow, per se. I think what annoys me is I'm not sure what details will be important later! Maybe this comes from reading so many mystery novels). However, after awhile I realized that it wasn't slow....it was a purposeful simmer.

If the Twilight Saga was a shot of whiskey, this is a beautiful glass of wine. It's about adults, not teens. And, yes, maybe one is a witch and one is a vampire. And maybe they shouldn't be together (you starting to see the similarities here?), but it's kinda beautiful.

If I had to make a comparison I would say it's kind of a Nora Roberts (aka Romance) meets Twilight (Vampires and other creatures) meets Dan Brown (of Da Vinci Code fame). If you liked the part in Breaking Dawn where Carlisle is talking with Jacob about some of his research on the chromosomes of vampires, humans, and werewolves then you will like all the 'science' in this book. I did. I was really disappointed when I was finished and found out the second book isn't yet released.

I think it was totally worth my time and what a nice break from the YA roller coaster I have been on lately. Although, I'm getting right back on that ride! (I'm an addict! Like my son with angry birds!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment