Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Love Paris in the Springtime

I found a picture in an old magazine with plans for this trellis. As usual, I turned to Eric and said 'Can you make me this?!' and he said 'Probably' (Understand that, with Eric, that is as close as you get to a yes if it's an 'action question').

Some time went by as other things got higher billing on the project list. But, before I knew it, we were at the Home Depot buying the wood. I got a little excited.
Then, more time went by as still MORE projects took priority. I wonder if Eric could be sabotaging the vehicles just to put off my project? Hahahahaha!

One day I arrived home to the sound of woodcutting. Construction had begun! After that it wasn't long at all before I had this beautiful trellis out back!


My plant (this is a Rangoon Creeper) was excited too! See how it is already reaching out for it's trellis?

After moving my plant from it's too small pot into the ground I sat with Shasta on the bench and just enjoyed my new trellis. That's when I realized it kinda looked like the Eiffel Tower. I had not thought of that before but it might explain why I was so enamored with it from the first time I saw the picture. I kind of have a thing about Paris and the Eiffel Tower. I like them ALOT! :D Now I have my own little eiffel tower and soon my Rangoon Creeper will be creeping up and blooming.

It makes me happy every time I see it! Didn't Eric do a GREAT job?! He totally loves me! I should have called this post: I love ERIC in the springtime!




1 comment: