Sunday, March 4, 2012

It's Good to Read on goodreads!


It's hard to keep up to date on books. Ya know what I mean? It's particularly true if you like to read alot of different authors or genres. That is why, if you are a book lover, I would like to recommend you sign up for an account at goodreads.com and here is why:
  1. You can keep track of what you read. This might not seem important NOW but later when you can't remember the name of that book or author you will be so glad you did!  
  2. You can keep a nice long list of the books you want to read in the future. Somewhere that is not a slip of paper you put somewhere safe and then lose. No more asking yourself 'What was that book so-and-so recommended?'
  3. You can find out (like I JUST did *headsmack*) that there are sequels (or planned sequels) to some of the books you have already read and enjoyed that you didn't know anything about!
  4. When you come late to a series of books you can find out which one is first. Seriously, WHY don't publishers label them like goodreads does?? It would be SO helpful!! Have you ever just given up because you couldn't figure out which book was first in the series? Because I have.  
I am so grateful that my reading friend (you know it was you Brit!) facebooked her goodreads updates and got me curious because this is such a great idea and I wish I had discovered it earlier.

Martha would definately call this one a GOOD thing and you will too! Check it out. Then friend me so we can share recommendations. See you on goodreads.

I laugh that this is even necessary to say, but, let it be known that there is no affiliation between me and my blog and goodreads. I just like them and wanted you to know!!

Photo source



No comments:

Post a Comment