Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Endings Everywhere



**Spoilers**
I saw this movie (Salmon fishing in the Yemen) with my sis on Spring Break. It was playing at the 'artsy' theater so I was a bit surprised when the ending was so, well, typical. But, I have to say they had me guessing till the end how it would end up. My favorite twist was that the audience knew something ahead of the characters and it completely altered the way you wanted a certain scene to turn out. I liked that. Very very much. These two are LOVELY to watch on screen. I wanted all Emily Blunt's work outfits and Ewan was as charming as ever. Kacie made an excellent point which was that the part played by the  'English Patient' lady seemed to have been disproportionately larger than needed. I don't like her anyway so I completely agreed with this statement. Also, if you were shying away from this due to the fly fishing, there actually isn't much of it in the movie so don't let that hold you back.
Recommendation: See or Rent


**Spoilers**
Another Spring Break movie with the sister. This one was our backup choice when we watched the Yemen movie. But, since another movie viewing opportunity came up we went for it. This movie was very real, very raw, very honest. Up until the end. In the end it was AGAIN very typical. We were shocked! A movie that seemed to set out to tell a very different story ended up just being an updated version of When Harry Met Sally. I did very much enjoy the couple relationships, the friendships, and Adam Scott's character in general. But, in the end, we were let down. On another note, I would rent it again just to steal the decorating ideas of the lead's apartment. So cute!
Recommendation: Rent if the movie you really want is out of stock or you need a Jon Hamm fix till Mad Men starts up again.


Photos from here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment