Friday, March 2, 2012

The Art of Crying


I have not wanted to review this book. Not because it wasn't a GREAT book. Because-- it made me cry. Not a delicate feminine tear, no no, this was the big ugly cry. This was 'Titantic', 'Dances With Wolves', and end of 'The Red Tent' crying.

I KNEW this would happen, by the way. That is why it sat on my bedside table for about 3 months unread. A coworker of Eric's (who knows I love a good book) gave it to him to give to me. He was tired of making excuses when she asked if I had read it yet. So Eric forced me to read it.

Now, you understand, I have a dog. I LOVE my dog. As a kid I had a dog as well. A great, loving, loyal dog. It took me awhile to even WANT another dog. It took almost 12 years actually. I felt for a long time that I had already had MY dog in this life. But, eventually I missed the companionship that is unique to the pet & owner relationship. That's when Shasta (pictured below) found me. :)


This book is beautifully narrated by the dog, Enzo. You will fall in love with him. And, if you have a dog currently, you will love him or her even more. You will even react differently to your dog now that you can imagine what it may be thinking.

But more than that-- you will appreciate what it is to have a human life. A verbal life. A life where you can tell someone EVERY DAY that you love them.

I'd love to tell you not to read it and save you the big ugly cry but, I can't. It's just that good a book!

Photo source

No comments:

Post a Comment