Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Where Do I Get My Ticket?

Seaworld is fun and DisneyLand is awesome....But, I'd rather have a ticket to the Night Circus!

I can't believe I finally read a non-YA book and loved it. It wasn't even assigned by the book club! It gives me faith that there really are still some non-depressing adult fiction novels out there.

The book? The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I can't recommend this book more highly. It is such a pleasant and magical read. A classic story of star crossed lovers in the MOST beautiful and interesting setting you will find. I was not surprised to find that the artist is herself a multimedia artist. The book is filled with amazingly intricate detail. The circus itself evolves from simply the setting to another character.

Two young people are 'bound' as apprentices to a duel of sorts. A battle of magical philosophies. Not in the Harry Potter vs.Voldemort sense, rather in a creation of beauty and complexity.

Other characters are affected by this battle. Some of them knowingly while others are confused or oblivious. Many tell their own stories through the book.

I LOVE an original idea and this book has it. I can't wait to see what else this author produces. Check it out for yourself  here if you have a Kindle or get if from your local library. I do NOT believe you will be sorry.

Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment