Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mommy & Evie Time


A few weeks ago, Evie & I were home alone together in the evening. We turned it into some 'Mommy & Evie Time'. The kids know this means they pretty much get to pick the activity and that they have their parent's undivided attention. (*mom benefit: usually I have the wonderful and amazing child that somehow disappears when the other sibling is around). 

I can almost always guarantee that making cookies will be at the top of the priority list. Sure enough, Evie remembered that we had bought the ingredients for her favorite cookies (peanut butter blossoms) and she was ready to bake! 


While I manned the oven, she unwrapped. This time, we happened to find a variety pack at the store. So, instead of just kisses in our cookies we had peanut butter cups and rolos as well. It was a fun variation. 


My little artist at work.

This is her second favorite part, after rolling them in sugar!

Traditional

With a rolo. Surprisingly good.
 While we waited for the cookies to bake there was a request for dancing. There was also a request for Evie to be the photographer rather than the subject. Wish granted. 

Saturday Night Fever....

....Karate Kid....oh yeah, I got the moves!
 After sampling our wares, (which were super yummy) we still had some time so we played games. Mr. Mouth was one of our games. 

Mr. Mouth, Mr. Mouth.....are you hearing the song from the commercial in your head now?

At first, we were both pretty sorry at this game....notice NO flies in his mouth. 

Then we perfected our technique, Evie got the hang of it sooner than I did. 
It was really nice to spend some time with Evie one on one. I forget sometimes how much sweeter and mature she can be when she isn't trying to one-up her brother. It's like wow, this is a GREAT kid. I know it's always a true statement but I am not always feeling it.....and it's nice to know it AND feel it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment