Sunday, February 5, 2012

One for the Money worth MY money

I get book recommendations from LOTS of great book friends (you know who you are) but the greatest influence on my love of reading HAS to be my mom. :)

I am so thankful that I can think of many moments growing up that I found both my parents' current reads laying around the house. I can recall seeing them excited to discover a new author or a new book by an author they already loved. I hope my kids see the same things in me. I have a hunch it's already happening.

Anyway, one day my mom told me about a fun book series that was making her laugh out loud (periodically scaring my dad half to death). She said the first book was One For The Money by Janet Evanovich. Well, I dove right in and became a fan. Before long I was constantly awaiting the newest in the series when.....what's this?.....they are gonna make a movie of the first book? OH YEAH! That is gonna be SO awesome! That's what I thought and then I saw the cast. Hmmmm....not what I was thinking...at...all (Don't you hate that feeling?)

Fast forward to last week: Thru a series of unfortunate events (another series reference...did you catch that?) my mom was here in Pearland with me AND we were free of children mid-day AND both in definite need of some escape from reality. To make the whole 'stars are aligned in our favor' thing MORE incredible, the movie was playing at my favorite theater in the next 30 minutes and would get us out in time to pick up the boy at MDO. WHAT???? YES!! You are not even gonna believe that on top of all this the price for the movie?.....wait for it....$3. I am SO not kidding.

Review: It was great! I even liked the cast! It was a perfectly silly, happy, fun movie experience. Which is exactly how I would describe the books by the way. These are not the books you pick up to solve a serious mystery. You pick them up to take a break and laugh at someone being worse at her job than you are at yours.

I don't know if you would feel the way I do about the the movie if you had NOT read the book. You tell me! Leave a comment with your own review of the books OR the movie.







No comments:

Post a Comment