Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I am Superman?

I think I just watched Superman. Except he was blond and so was Lois Lane and it was called 'I Am Number Four'.

This movie was a nice balance of drama and action and the fight scenes, really all the effects, were FANtastic (shout out to Kacie!).

I am starting to understand how the Brits must have felt when Renee played their Bridget Jones. I keep watching the behind the scenes stuff and being SHOCKED that these dudes, Alex Pettyfer in this case, are Brits. This was my first exposure to Pettyfer and he struck me as a young Henry Cavill. I actually think this guy would have made a better Edward than Rob (if you don't get this sentence, believe me, you DON'T want to).

Dianna Agron plays the same character she always plays in everything *yawn*. But she does the part well (as she should by now!). She's so pretty-- but I am just about over her already.

Speaking of the blonds--LOVE LOVE LOVE number six! Teresa Palmer rocked her part. I even enjoyed watching the extras where she talks about her training to do the stunts.

And people (channelling Tim Gunn here), let's find a role for Timothy Olyphant. He needs a movie of his own. Whatever Matt Damon or Nicholas Cage is up for next, give it to this guy. I think he needs more screen time.

I would be remiss not to mention that this is based on a book by Pittacus Lore. A book I have not read. It's on the list-- but it was too far down and I had the movie from the library so I just went ahead and watched it. Well, I may NOT go back and read this one, but I do think I will pick up #2 in the series sometime soon and go from there.....they've got me curious now!

Bottom Line: Recommended for date night. Romance for the girls. Action and hot chicks for the guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment