Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chronicle of a Valentine's Day

Photo credit here
I had a REAL fear that this movie was going to be disturbing and scary and leave me with nightmares. But Eric wanted to go and it got a good Rotten Tomatoes rating (which most true horror movies don't) so I was game. *No Spoilers in this*

What little we had heard before we went was true. It's kind of a concentrated version of Heros Season 1 with camera work done by the folks who did Blair Witch Project. Ok, it's not THAT bad (hahahahaha, I have motion sickness and couldn't even make it thru a half hour of blair witch and this didn't bother me at all). Eric tells me this video style is called 'found footage' if that helps you- just alot of unclean edits.
We agreed that the special effects could have really taken away from the movie, breaking the spell the movie was casting, but they REALLY did not. It was all very seamless. I think this movie poster really sums up the visual feel of the film- a bit desaturated.

Now, the soundtrack, I imagine, would lead you to believe that this WAS a horror movie, alot of really disturbing noise and anxiety producing sounds. But, it works within the movie and you don't really notice the background outright until the credits start to roll.

This movie is a great date movie as long as you can go to dinner or take a quiet ride home afterward and really get into the plot, the characters, and the messages in the movie. LOTS to discuss. It gave me the feel of having just finished a really good book and you don't just want to say to someone 'read this' you want to say to them 'CALL ME when you finish this so we can talk about it!'.

Maybe not what YOU are going to see for Valentine's Day....but it worked for us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment