Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hello 2012 & Glazed Donut Muffins

Well HELLO!

 I don't know if anyone is still out there reading this little old blog but I am back. Where were you, Tracie? Well, I will confess...I have, let's say, a bit of trouble handling December due to my anxiety issues. Although, sadly, it took me a few YEARS to figure out what the root problem really was and get it under some sort of control. Each year is getting easier (at least in my opinion hahahahaha! I guess you would have to ask my husband and kids if it's really true). But, I feel that a year without overwhelming sadness, or an ER visit due to a migraine is progress and I will take it!

Well, Tracie, that's all fine, but, um......did you know it's February? Why, yes I did. Truth is, I need January to recover from December. Last year I needed till April to recover from December so I feel pretty good about only needing ONE month this year.

Now disclaimer here: You might wonder what the HECK goes on in December to mess me up so bad. You may think I have the family or the in-laws from HELL but let me assure you they are all the salt of the Earth and it just isn't so. What it boils down to is me. It wouldn't really matter WHAT happened to me in December. I just work myself up (not on purpose) and then FIND something to latch onto and freak out about. Some have suggested I get away from it all in December, skip Christmas, and just head for the islands. But, the truth is the problem with that plan is that my mind would still be there with me making me crazy over the weather, or the room, or a cocktail gone wrong or SOMETHING. I would FIND something. So, unless I can go away and leave ME here that plan won't work either :)

It's just the way I am. And I'm working on it. And that's all I can do. And of course blog about it. I can do THAT :D Hehehehehe. Aren't you glad I'm back?


MOVING ON :)

This post is supposed to be about my Glazed Donut Muffins. But, let me just clairify they are not MY Glazed Donut Muffins, they are from My Baking Addiction and I found them via Pinterest where they were MISlabeled 'Krispy Kreme Donut Muffins' (not by Ms. Baking Addiction, just by some random Pinterest-er).

My take: They ARE yummy! I followed Ms. Baking Addiction's instructions and they turned out just as she said they would all awesome and puffy! However, they are NOT like Krispy Kremes. They are like super fresh, moist, and tasty cake donuts with a glaze. I would definately make them for a breakfast or brunch. They are not too sweet but just sweet enough with the usual hearty and salty breakfast fare. (or in our case for a late night snack since I made them tonight for Sunday School class tomorrow).

I hope that if you NEVER wish to attempt making/frying up actual donuts at home (I have always thought 'WHY when there is Shipley's like EVERYWHERE??') then you will whip up a batch of THESE delightful muffins.

Pros: easy, no weird ingredients, feels like a dessert with being TOO sweet like a cupcake, and finally-- makes a  single 12 muffin batch so even if you go insane and eat them all the damage in minimized :)

Do you like my photo??? I am so pleased with it. This is the first time I have played around in Photoshop with one of my own photos and I really like it. (Please feel free to slather on the praise and encouragement)

I'll be seeing you soon...I mean I have like TWO months of stuff to talk about people!! :)



2 comments:

  1. yay.. pErfect picture.. yummy!! I love your blog.. I love it.. it's like I get to hear from you whenever .. :) I love reading it :) honest. funny. YOU!

    ReplyDelete