Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pump Up the Dragons

This weekend we were looking for a movie to watch and I was scanning through the Redbox selections. I had chosen 'The Muppet Movie' to watch again (Eric still hasn't seen it). It was unavailable so, then, I noticed 'How to Train Your Dragon' and recalled several people mentioning it was a good movie. I did a quick parent review search and it seemed OK for my 5 and 6 year old if you prepped them for some potentially scary scenes. So, I picked it up. 

We loved it! The kids fell in love with Toothless (Evie wants to have a Night Fury for a pet and Everett wants to BE a Night Fury). The next day they asked when we could watch it again. We haven't had this much excitement about a new movie since 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids' 

Turns out Eric had already seen this movie at one of his work conferences (I know! He has a nice job huh?) but at the time our kids weren't ready for it. So, he was happy to see it again. I heard this comment about the movie and I thought it summed it up well: It has all the excitement and action of any big blockbuster movie. You almost forget it's animated.

I was happily listening to Christian Slater as the lead character voice the whole time reliving my 'Heathers' and 'Pump Up The Volume' days. Sadly, it turns out it is NOT Christian Slater but some young pup named Jay Baruchel. HMPH! Still sound like Christian to me (even on the repeat viewing).
BONUS: I am happy to relay to any 'How To Train Your Dragon' fans out there that 'How To Train Your Dragon 2' is in pre-production! So, be on the lookout for that soon!

Photo credits here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment