Thursday, August 11, 2011

Coming Up Violets

Ok folks. Get ready to add this to your list. Total thumbs up.

Part mystery, part ancestry, part romance = a good read. If I see something recommended by someone (in this case I believe it was one of my blogs) I often go to the library website and request it. Then it's like a little gift when it comes in and I have forgotten about it.

In this case it was a GREAT gift. Easy to read, enjoyable and something that won't keep you up at night while still making you want to read just a LITTLE more.

The word that comes to mind is deLIGHTful and I am pleasantly surprised since I had recently given up on this whole 'middle age woman starting over' type story entirely.

Next up for me....I'm gonna head on back to some YA Scifi and read "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle cause one of her books recently caught my eye at a second hand shop and as I was about to buy it I noticed it said: 'a companion to A Wrinkle i Time' so I placed it back on the shelf and instead made a note to read that one first. You can see my recent review of another great book by this author here

Photo from here


No comments:

Post a Comment