Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ring of Endless JOY

Really enjoyed this old school book about teens, death, life, dolphins and growing up. I picked this up randomly at the library and could not have enjoyed it more. I put it down only to read my book club book for this month and then picked it right back up. A nice easy read that really put you in the mentality of the main character. I enjoyed the religious and health care aspects of the book and actually think this would make a GREAT book club book.
My book club book this month was actually 'the Help' which was also good. I think though that it was not as great as everyone said. It felt like something else, almost like I had read it before. Not sure why. However, I am looking forward to the movie. Especially since it has the girl from 'Easy A'. I thought that movie was really cute. Kind of a throwback to 'There's Something about Mary' and I found it refreshing and fun to watch.
I'm waiting for 'City of Bones' from the library. What book is next for you? What's on your nightstand?

Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment