Friday, May 13, 2011

Nothing like it- another book review

Don't you love a good book? Well, there is ALMOST nothing I like better. My book club book this month is Still Alice by Lisa Genova and it was WONDERFUL!

I was swept away as I went on the journey of gradual memory loss from start to finish with Alice and her family. This book excited me with it's unique perspective- that of a patient experiencing the dementia first hand.

I have never had the personal experience and I hope I never do but it's something I think all of us fear and this book sheds some light on that fear in an honest and inspiring way.

I hope you pick it up. Honestly, I NEVER would have if it had not been my book club book and that, my friends, is why I stay in the book club!

What are you reading now? Good or bad!

Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment