Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Protein bars are my friends

I have been following Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure for about a year now off and on. Initially I lost almost 20 pounds doing it pretty strictly. Since then, just using the plan when I feel some pounds creeping back on. While on it I discovered these Think Thin bars. YUMMY. And they have lots of protein and low low sugar & carbs (due to sugar alcohols). They are even gluten free if that is important to you.

At first, I only knew about the peanut butter and brownie ones. That's what I could find at Kroger and HEB. But after a few months I was pretty burned out and that got me down. I missed my bars. I should say- I missed enjoying them. Then one day-- I found out there were MORE FLAVORS!!! I was SO excited. The only down side is that so far I have only been able to find the other flavors at Whole Foods and Central Market. I could order them online from Amazon but I have heard mixed reviews about the freshness of their supply.

Recently, I got the free sample of the Atkins bars thanks to some of the deal sites I watch. It arrived (it was a starter kit with two bars) and Eric and I tried them and we like them too! Happiness. So, I am not abandoning my Think Thin bars by any means (I love me some tangerine, lemon, and white chocolate chip) but it's nice to know that Walmart carries quite a nice variety of flavors of Atkins bars between trips downtown.

Today I was picking some up (in the drugstore section) and then found a whole display of new and different flavors (COCONUT, YUM!) over in the main aisle of the food section!! Eric attacked them as soon as he got home. He likes them because its protein and not meat. I like them cause I can throw one in my bag and have a meal on the go that keeps me TRULY full till the next meal.

Are you a fan of protein bars? Are you watching sugar? How do you feel about the sugar alcohols being used to make them sugar free? Let me know!

Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment