Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bump is the new Frack


Another day, another YA SciFi book to read. :) Well, I'm still waiting on something to thrill me as much as Hunger Games and this one was totally different but pretty cute.

Think Clueless meets Sweet Valley High and set it in the future. I think the most fun thing was figuring out their slang. Otherwise, it was the typical twin hi-jinx you are familiar with from every other story.

I have to say she set up some nice relationships and some interesting characters. I really liked the supporting characters the best up until near the end of the book. That's when you finally start to get a little deeper into the main character. Or I could be wrong about who the author considers the main character!

Interestingly, this might spark some discussion of religious issues. There is quite a line drawn in the sand at the beginning of the book. However, that line gets blurred during as the characters make their way thru their own situations.

Overall, I think any book that makes you think is great and if you can laugh along the way too even better!

*did you get my Battlestar reference in the title? Yeah, I'm a Battlestar nerd (new version only please!) and proud of it!

Have you read Bumped? or anything by this author? Got a recommendation for me? Love to hear it!!

Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment