Saturday, April 16, 2011

You are as Young Adult as you feel


I am reading alot of young adult fiction lately. The fiction part is nothing new. The young adult science fiction part is. I blame Twilight. But honestly, blame has turned into gratitude. I am glad I finally found some books again where nothing is outside the realm of possibility.

So many of the books that are considered appropriate (I suppose) for my age group (30+) are so boring, depressing, or just unimaginative. So, thank goodness for the young adult writers and their inspirations that keep me
in a world where nothing is impossible!

Recent favorites: Hunger Games series (3 books, movie coming out next year hopefully), Gregor series (I don't know how many- I am about to start #3). Both of these are by Suzanne Collins. Also, Forest of Hands and Teeth (optioned for film) by Carrie Ryan


Past favorites: Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett), Twilight series (Stephanie Meyer), Island of the Blue Dolphins (Scott O'Dell), Harry Potter (J. K. Rowling)


I'd love more suggestions if you have them!! Leave a comment below.

Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment